10thand 11thOctober 2019
We are holding the event on the Sheffield University campus, in the Alfred Denny Conference Room (campus map: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/polopoly_fs/1.472204!/file/campus-map.pdf, E3). The entrance is marked by the red dot below:
Some accommodation options in Sheffield include (all of the following hotels and accommodation are within a 5-15 minute walk of the conference venue):
- Halifax Hall Hotel, Endcliffe Vale Road, Sheffield S10 3ER. Tel +44 (0)114 222 8810. Email: email@example.com http://www.halifaxhall.co.uk from £65.00 per room per night.
- Travelodge Sheffield Central, 1 Broad Street West, Sheffield, S1 2BG. Tel: 0871 984 6305 http://www.travelodge.co.uk/
From £29 per room per night.
- Sleep Sheffield Bed and Breakfast, 33 Scotland Street, Sheffield, S3 7BS. Tel: 07807 065738 http://www.sheffieldbandb.co.uk/
From £30 per room per night
- Hotel ibis Sheffield City. Shude Hill S1 2AR – SHEFFIELD. Tel. : (+44)114/2419600 http://www.ibishotel.com/gb/hotel-2891-ibis-sheffield-city/index.shtml
From £45 per room per night
- Sheffield Premier Inn. Angel/Bank Street, Sheffield, S3 8LN. Tel: 0871 527 8970. http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/SHECIT/sheffield-city-centre-angel-st
From c. £50 per room per night.
- Jurys Inn Sheffield Hotel, 119 Eyre Street, Sheffield, S1 4QW. Tel:+44 (0)114 291 2222. http://sheffieldhotels.jurysinns.com/
From £55 per room per night
- Holiday Inn Royal Victoria Sheffield. Victoria Station Road, Sheffield, S4 7YE, Tel: 0114 276 8822 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
From £70 per room per night
- Mercure St Paul’s Hotel and Spa, 119 Norfolk Street, Sheffield, S1 2JE. Tel : (+44)114/2782000 E: H6628@accor.com http://www.mercure.com/gb/hotel-6628-mercure-sheffield-st-paul-s-hotel-and-spa/index.shtmlFrom £79 per room per night
Information on how to get to Sheffield campus is here: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/visitors/mapsandtravel
There is a direct tram up to the University from Sheffield train station (Blue line towards Malin Bridge – you need cash ~£1.80 and buy once you get on from conductor)
Thursday 10thOctober: Starts 10.30 am, ends 5pm (with workshop dinner in the evening)
Friday 11thOctober: Starts 9am, ends by 3pm
Refreshments and food
Hot and cold drinks and lunch and dinner are included and free for each day. We have catered for meat eaters, vegetarian, vegan and gluten free. If you have any further dietary requirements please let us know asap.
|10.30||Teas, coffee and pastries|
|10.45||Introduction – framing of purpose of event + first seminar summary + questions||Jenny|
|11.00||Keynote talk: Professor James Evans (45 mins)||Jenny|
|11.45||Questions of keynote|
|12.00||Lunch (PJ Taste buffet)|
|13.30||Respondent intervention: Dr Francesca Fois (25 mins)||Peter
|14.15||Respondent intervention: Dr Rhiannon Firth (25 mins)|
|15.00||Respondent intervention: Dr Alison Browne (25 mins)|
|15.45||Tea and cake break|
|16.15||Panel Q&A of respondents (starting to identify key questions and themes)||Sophie|
|18.00||Communal dinner – The Hide (free for participants) – 30 Scotland St, Sheffield S3 7AA [15 mins walk downhill from event]||Jenny|
|2||08.30||Tea, coffee and breakfast granola + yoghurts pots|
|09.00||Identifying topics for further discussion: Arrange room into round tables, each table to identify key questions that talks identified about theme of event (i.e. experimentation) that they want to explore further. Participants to focus on identifying (a) future research questions and (b) practical problems which we need to answer.||Jenny to lead|
|10.00||Morning tea break
(Co-I’s analyse themes and group into 4-5 workshop spaces)
|10.30||Proposed workshop themes shared and agreed or edited. Sign up sheets are created for each group.||Peter|
|10.45||Breakout discussion groups 1||Aim for 5 workshops:
|11.45||Key discussion summarised by one participant from each group|
|12.00||Lunch (PJ Taste buffet)|
|13.00||Breakout discussion groups 2||Speakers to facilitate|
|14.00||Summarising session which brings together key things which have been discussed, proposed etc and identifies next steps.
Each group nominates one participant to report on next steps (academic and practical) that each group identified and to reflect on who might take that on board.
|15.00||Wrap up, feedback sheets and close||Jenny and Kirsten|
Any queries about the day please contact Jenny via email@example.com